World Dream Bank
add a dream -
art gallery -
Dreamed 1996/3/21 by Chris Wayan
Small screen, slow connection? illustrated text version!
NOTES NEXT MORNING
- Swastika frisbee: play looks selfish to me--Nazi, even! Why? I was the child of two idealists. I should be out saving the world. Right.
- Low-grav octopus dancer: a short story in Analog a few months back speculated that octopi might do well in space--they could leave the water, learn high tech...
- Mountaintop in the stratosphere:
- Mt Meru, in Hindu cosmology. The octopus monk has to be very pure, to live so near the top.
- Starmont, from the science fiction fable "The Winds at Starmont". It means enlightenment too, but also mystery, otherness, discovery.
- The mesa which our ex-astronaut on a vision quest climbs, in Phases of Gravity. Sleeping there, he sees the moon dotted with lights: despite the Challenger crash, settlers will follow him. The voyage of his life was not in vain.
- Stratospheric isolation: also not in vain! I'm kind of a hermit, yeah. Solitary dreamwork. Unworldly art. But... working alone, I've reached a high level where gravity is mild and it's possible to play in ways that seem magical to lowlanders. So play!
LISTS AND LINKS:
I'm Just Not Myself Today -
cross-species dreams -
dream homes -
symbols and icons -
transcendent dreams -
solstices, equinoxes and holidays -
World Dream Bank homepage - Art gallery - New stuff - Introductory sampler, best dreams, best art - On dreamwork - Books
Indexes: Subject - Author - Date - Names - Places - Art media/styles
Titles: A - B - C - D - E - F - G - H - IJ - KL - M - NO - PQ - R - Sa-Sh - Si-Sz - T - UV - WXYZ
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org - Catalog of art, books, CDs - Behind the Curtain: FAQs, bio, site map - Kindred sites