World Dream Bank
add a dream -
art gallery -
Dreamed 2019/1/3 by Wayan
The newest meme is MeTooTwo.
To make streets safe for women, you
Run a heater--blow a plume into
cool night, marking doors unlocked:
Shelter for women if attacked.
Fools! Just hang a sign: "Come in,
O burglars!" At least, between robberies,
you'll save kilowatts off your utilities.
I stroll the street at dusk. New Year. Brisk.
But tongues of heat disrupt the winter-chill.
Tenth time, I lose my patience as I feel
hot breath on neck. The waste. The risk.
I step up to a porch. Front door. Through.
Foyer. Turn the heater off; leave and lock.
Next door. Next. Ward the whole block!
Antiburglar, hot air, fools. I wake in shock.
NOTES IN THE MORNING
- Hot then cold: I've been getting recurrent chills and fever. At night, it causes weird dreams of alternating hot and cold like this.
- ACTION (short-term): hunker down and rest! A new attack's kicking in.
- Unlocked doors: I was raised by idealistic leftists who taught me to be nice and trust we all were, under the skin. I dutifully tried to believe I had no enemies, that malice was a mere mistake. I now think that didn't just cripple my streetsmarts, social life and business behavior--I think it even crippled my immune system! I should befriend invading parasites and plagues...
Of course it's not a political blindspot. None of you are so foolish. Just me.
- Hot-air feminism: Face that much of it is. Identity politics, censorship in the name of niceness, the refusal to believe in enemies or defenses--my dream sees all that as hot air. What I support is equal rights--but (as Bernie Sanders points out) equal rights have real enemies--the rich and powerful, and their dogs. Trusting everyone's fatally irresponsible.
- ACTION (long-term): Face that you have enemies--viral, bacterial, parasitic, and human. Thieves out to rob you, rivals out to beat you, predators out to eat you, parties out to cheat you. The world isn't all dog-eat-dog, but bad dogs exist, and ignoring them's delusional. Sadly, delusional is how I was raised. Grow up.
LISTS AND LINKS:
Red Diaper Babies -
house & home -
hot & cold -
anarchism & direct action -
locks & keys -
shells & armor -
trust & mistrust -
dream poems -
digital dream art
World Dream Bank homepage - Art gallery - New stuff - Introductory sampler, best dreams, best art - On dreamwork - Books
Indexes: Subject - Author - Date - Names - Places - Art media/styles
Titles: A - B - C - D - E - F - G - H - IJ - KL - M - NO - PQ - R - Sa-Sh - Si-Sz - T - UV - WXYZ
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org - Catalog of art, books, CDs - Behind the Curtain: FAQs, bio, site map - Kindred sites