World Dream Bank
add a dream -
art gallery -
Dreamed 1994/5/1 by Chris Wayan
Small screen, slow connection? try illustrated text version
NOTES IN THE MORNING
- Locked in: This echoes my recent dream In the Shadow of Man, where I was an experimental animal, genetically tweaked into intelligence. Imprisoned in a human lab, I was slowly winning freedom and personhood through words...
- Krelkin film = John Sayles's new film "The Secret of Roan Inish", chronicling a biracial family with seal/selkie blood and a history of shapeshifting...
- The Moral Kiosk = hand-me-down moral values! Like letting your mom buy your clothes all your life.
- A Reading Man, not a Leading Man = I read all evening...
- My isolation is NOT from illness! It's mistrust and condemnation of other humans--and moral righteousness.
- I feel I don't deserve to be the happy, loving, but nonhuman creature I really am! But I do. And I'd better start acting like it.
- the arts unlock my self-imposed prison, just as in "In the Shadow of Man".
- ACTION: SING MORE! Song frees me.
Krelkin and the Moral Kiosk sculpted by Wayan 1999-2007
NOTES ADDED 9/95
Over the next few months I did take a voice class, but when I sang in front of an audience I got so sick from fear I finally dropped out. And yet... when I DO sing... I feel the Krelkin purring in my belly. I need to try again.
My shaman friend Mark recently told me our colleague Dee's spirit-guides left her on her own some months back--but they gave her an information kiosk in her dreams where a guide will answer any question she poses! I had several dreams of kiosks this spring, and after dreaming of Dee's LAST big vision, I suspect this too is telepathic spill-over. But she didn't keep notes on just when she first dreamed of HER kiosk...
NOTE ADDED 2000
Over the next few years I DID finally stick with voice classes until I worked through my fear of audiences. Our band, The Krelkins, is finally recording our first few songs.
Dream songs, of course!
LISTS AND LINKS:
the sculpture this dream inspired: Krelkin and Kiosk -
recurring dreams -
urges and whims -
dream films -
I'm Just Not Myself Today -
cross-gender dreams -
cross-species dreams -
more krelkins -
musical dreams -
shyness and embarrassment -
interspecies sex -
dreams about Dee -
Dee's last big vision: Sock Puppets of the Gods -
a second dream of kiosks: In the Shadow of Man -
prisons and freedom -
Red Diaper Babies: radical guilt -
goals and values -
World Dream Bank homepage - Art gallery - New stuff - Introductory sampler, best dreams, best art - On dreamwork - Books
Indexes: Subject - Author - Date - Names - Places - Art media/styles
Titles: A - B - C - D - E - F - G - H - IJ - KL - M - NO - PQ - R - Sa-Sh - Si-Sz - T - UV - WXYZ
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org - Catalog of art, books, CDs - Behind the Curtain: FAQs, bio, site map - Kindred sites